Sports Medicine Services
Find out more about our sports medicine services:
- Conditions and consultations
- Diagnosis and treatments
- Sports medicine specialists
- Sports medicine locations near you
- Sports medicine specialists near you
Conditions and consultations
Sports medicine experts provide consultations, diagnosis and a personalized treatment plan.
Conditions we treat include:
- Ankle pain and injury, including ankle fracture, sprained ankle and swollen ankle
- Elbow pain and injury, including bursitis, golfer's elbow and tennis elbow
- Foot pain and injury
- Fracture and orthopedic trauma, including avulsion fracture, bone fracture, comminuted fracture and stress fracture
- Hand pain and injury
- Hip pain and injury
- Knee pain and injury, including, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury and meniscus tear
- Shoulder pain and injury, including rotator cuff injury
- Sports-related injury
- Sprains and strains
- Torn ligaments
Diagnosis, services and treatments
We specialize in diagnosis and treatment of conditions and injuries resulting from participating in sports or living an active lifestyle. We also provide community services and injury prevention and training plans to keep you moving safely.
Services and treatments we provide include:
- Athletic training
- Community event medical coverage
- Concussion evaluation and management
- Emergency action plan development
- High school outreach
- ImPACT baseline testing and education
- Injections for joint pain
- Injury prevention and education
- Performance training
- Physical therapy
- Sway balance testing
- Walk-in care for injuries (Mankato only)
Sports medicine specialists
Our experienced team of specialists collaborate to deliver a seamless experience — from diagnosis to treatment and recovery — so you can get back in action.
Our specialists include:
- Athletic trainers
- Foot doctors (podiatrists)
- Hand surgeons
- Hip surgeons
- Orthopedic doctors
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeons
- Physical therapists
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Shoulder pain doctors
- Trauma surgeons
Additional care and therapies may be provided by:
You can make an appointment without a referral from your provider — simply call the appointment number of your preferred location.
If you're a provider, you can refer patients to Sports Medicine online, by phone or fax. We value the opportunity to collaborate with you on a treatment plan.
What should I expect during my first appointment, and what should I bring?
Your first appointment will include a full history evaluation. Imaging may be needed to support the diagnosis or determine next steps in your treatment plan. Depending on your needs, our nursing team may review presurgical recommendations or teach you how to care for a cast, brace or splint.
Appointment times vary depending on your symptoms or condition. Most initial appointments take at least 30 minutes.
Bring any imaging or medical records from non-Mayo Clinic Health System facilities. Visit our Medical Record Forms page to grant permission for others to access your protected health information or request a change to your health record.
What are my payment options and do you offer financial assistance?
Visit the billing page of your preferred location for information on insurance, billing and payments.
We serve patients in difficult financial circumstances and offer financial assistance to those who have an established need to receive medically necessary services. Learn more about financial assistance options.
Can you provide a second opinion?
What follow-up care do you provide after treatment?
We offer customized rehabilitation to match your needs. Our goal is to help you remain as active as possible at any age. We'll work with you to help you understand your condition and provide you with the tools and resources to manage it. We partner with our expert colleagues in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy to initiate these plans.
Do you have an after-hours number in case of emergency?
Explore our locations or providers near you for details on expert sports medicine care: